I finished watching the food documentary Hungry For Change and as promised I have compiled all my notes into fun sound bites. Get ready and let me know which ones stood out to you below.
1. At least 1/3 of all women and 1/4 of all men are currently on a diet.
2. We do not eat REAL FOOD anymore. We eat FOOD PRODUCTS and it’s designed to look more tasty, better smelling and longer lasting. The goal of the food industry is NOT to give you a healthy product but to make a product that lasts a long time and makes a lot of profit for the company. Think about that during your next grocery store trip…
3. The best way to look better on the outside is to address the inside.
4. According to the US Department of Agriculture, Americans consume, on average, 150 pounds of sugar and artificial sweeteners a year! NASTY.
5. The best way to describe our country? Overfed but starving to death.
6. It’s NOT what you’re eating, it’s what’s eating you?
7. Understand Feast/Famine. When we eat fats/sugars, are brain immediately says, “Yes. More.” We’ve been programmed to store fat for the winter, but the winter never comes. Our bodies are designed to store extra fat to protect us from stress. If it goes through a stress, i.e. diet, your body will store an extra 10 pounds so it doesn’t experience that stress again.
8. How we should eat: HIGH nutrition, LOW calories.
9. How we shouldn’t eat: LOW nutrition, HIGH calories.
10. You can eat 10,000 calories a day and if you’re not getting the specific nutrients your body needs in a way it can digest and assimilate than your starving on a nutritional level. So your body is going to stay hungry until it gets those nutrients. But the cells don’t get nourished. So now you’re not nourished at a cellular level. Sugars tricks your body into getting nourished. And the cycle repeats…
11. Many people GIVE UP the will to fight so they go to doctors to prescribe a solution, which is always pharmaceuticals and we know those do not address the problem, just the symptoms.
12. Sugar is like nicotine. Just like the cigarette companies add more nicotine, it starts a chain reaction to wanting more and more. This is how people smoke entire packs a day and can’t explain why. The way cigarettes are addicting is the same way sugar is addicting. The problem is that people don’t know why they keep wanting more. This is called an INVISIBLE TRAP.
13. Food companies engineer addictions into many of the foods today. The food industry makes tens of billions of dollars and they have the resources to figure out what chemical derivatives are best to create concoctions that appeal to consumers and have an addictive component.
14. MSG and free glutamates are used to enhance flavor in about 80% of processed foods AND GET THIS – these names can be hidden behind 50 different names! So even if it doesn’t say MSG or free glutamates, you’re probably still eating it if it’s processed.
15. MSG and free glutamates make you want to eat more and excites the brain – which activates the fat programs that make us get fatter. If you want to study obesity, you have to study mice and to make them fat, you give them MSG. Researchers clearly know that MSG makes us obese and this crap is iin 80% of modern day foods. Don’t believe me, go google search “MSG obesity induced mice”
16. If I wanted to make a PROFITABLE food company I would focus on four things:
a) Make it look good
b) Make it last a long time
c) Make sure it tastes like the most fulfilling thing when it first hits your lips
d) Make it so you want to buy more
In short, STOP eating cookies/soda/baked goods/cake etc
17. Aspartame is so dangerous it’s forbidden from pilot programs because it’ll affect your vision and ability to fly.
18. The Yale Journal of Biology suggests that artificial sweeteners contribute to weight gain.
19. 90% of studies showing that aspartame had no side effects were funded by the sweetener companies or food industry but if you look at the independent studies, you’ll see the exact reverse. Wow, manufacturers funds the studies! Studies supporting aspartame are not independent studies.
20. Studies have shown that people who start drinking diet soda will be fatter in a couple years since when they started drinking the diet soda.
21. If you can addict a customer, you can have them for life. Selling sugar is just like selling cigarettes. Aspartame and MSG is just like nicotine. You keep putting it in because it keeps people coming back again and again. The marketing LIES to you. It says it’ll bring you benefits like sexiness, coolness and health but in reality it brings you obesity, miserableness and sickness.
You’re going to lose bone mineral density because of the phosphoric acid, you’re going to have a neurological problems because of the chemical sweeteners and the HFCS will promote diabetes and obesity
21. When you see “Fat Free” you should read, “High in sugar”. You can buy a bag of sugar that says, “100% fat free” which is true but people don’t know that the sugar turns into fat via insulin. Body stores the fat for later but later never comes!
22. HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) – people don’t understand the dangers of refining and concentrating ingredients from a product. In the 70’s Japanese scientists developed the technology to separate the fructose from the corn which was radically reducing the cost of HFCS than other forms of sugar. HFCS comes from corn but it’s not natural because it’s so concentrated and so refined, it’s a isolated nutrition . For example cocaine is clearly not good for you but it comes from the cocco leaf which is perfect for your health and it’s a healthy nutra-ceutical. It’s not addictive or anything. Eating HFCS is a lot sorting cocaine. It’s highly concentrated,refined, isolated, a chemically manipulated version found in corn, grown in corn. In short, white sugar and white flour is like snorting cocaine.
23. In the 1900s – 15g of fructose a day from fruit was average. Today, 70-80 g is average and some kids eat up to 120-150g of fructose a day – 10x more!
24 Another way to view HFCS, in terms of the glycemic index, is that it’s like jet fuel for the human body. You wouldn’t put jet fuel into your car, so why would you put it into your body? Of course not, you’ll ruin your engine.
25. Read labels. Turn them around. Salad dressing, pasta sauces, pizza sauces are high in HFSC. Stay away from the isolates. stay away from anything that is unnatural, that is a highly concentrated chemical from a planet that should be consumed in it’s full spectrum, bioavailable form. Food is delivered as a nutrient complex, not an isolate.
26. To conquer your weight, your definition of sugar must expand – breads, pastas, potatoes, waffles, pancakes, muffins etc is basically pure sugar.
27. Fat is not what makes you fat, its sugar that makes you fat.
28. If you look at how much sugar is in cereal, you might as well roll up your kids sleeves and inject heroin.
29. Food kills more people than all drugs on the earth combined.
30. It is possible to lose weight on a diet. Every time you diet its like borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. If you lose 10 pounds with shear force but you’ll pay it back with interest.
Dieting violates our bodies basic survival laws. The entire dieting paradigm is flawed. Diets are fundamentally flawed. Every time you force your body to lose weight, you force your body to gain more weight back.
31. YOUR health is under attack. We’ve created over 75,000 chemicals into the food chain since 1940! We have to move away from better living with chemistry to nature.
32. You need to get rid of the toxins, not just the fat. As long as you take in more toxins than you’re eliminating than your body won’t let you burn fat because burning the fat will just put more toxins into the body. You have to address the fact that you’re being attacked by toxins before it’ll let you lose fat.
33. Three tips to start a detox:
a) Chlorophyll rich foods (well grown organic vegetables, gelatinous plant foods i.e. chia seeds, aloe vera, sea weeds – these gels/fibers move through our intestinal tracts and absorbs the fat soluble toxins (the liver is trying to get rid of). Without the gelatinous fibers, the toxins would just get re absorbed.
b) Parsley – cleanses your entire blood supply. Learn how to make taboule salad.
c) Cilantro -binds with heavy metals from all the fish you eat. Prevents toxic mercury from getting lodged in your cells.
34. How to make FAST CHANGES in your health? If it has a shelf life, don’t eat it. The simpler your nutrition gets, the better your health gets.
35. Drink a few pounds of juice a day. Start with celery and cucumber as your base and than start adding dark leafy greens. Why not just eat our greens? Because we’re not!
36. Juicing is the ULTIMATE fast food diet. Takes minutes to prepare and dumps dozens of nutrients into your cells within 15 minutes!
36. Beware of skin fragrances. A popular brand was tested in a lab and had 21 carcinogenic chemicals that were not even listed. This stuff gets into your liver, kidneys, brain, heart and cause disease on the inside.
37. Obesity is not the problem, it’s a solution for peoples stress, traumas and dramas, lack of satisfaction, dead end job, pressure in your life, bad relationships… you get the point. Lose the stress, lose the weight.
38. It’s not what you’re eating, it’s what’s eating you!
Like this article? Please rate and share below!
If you liked this article, you'll LOVE our No Nonsense Newsletter!
Sign up Now and
- Learn how to eat to get Lean and Ripped…
- Learn how to lift to get Bigger and Stronger…
- Learn how to stay motivated to Build Your Dream Body…
- PLUS… 3 exclusive free gifts as a surprise!
Your Information is 100% Secure With Us And Will NEVER Be Shared With Anyone.