Warning: This is officially the hardest diet I have created and you will ever get access too. Read on to see if you’re up for the challenge to take on The World’s Hardest Diet.
Fact: a hard diet will create a hard man.
Who has the hardest bodies in the world?
Competitive bodybuilders. No other athlete comes close.
There is no other breed of athlete that has mastered the art of deprivation or denying ones taste buds, using high protein low carb diets.
Stripping off the last few ounces of fat dares you to take your body further than it has ever gone before. To get extreme fat-burning results like you’ve never seen before, be prepared to punish yourself and rely on sadomasochism as a guiding principle.
In the gym, high-level bodybuilder would tell you that must be prepared to punish yourself with your weight-training routine. In the kitchen, same rules apply.
The World’s Hardest Diet, which consists of ultra low carbs and ultra high protein (and virtually no fat) demands that whiners, complainers and quitters need not apply. This is not for you so don’t waste your time.
Do you think pro bodybuilder Jay Cutler has a side order of bread with his chicken breast? Not a chance. Do you think Arnold enjoyed fruit crepes as a side order to his breakfast? No way.
Heck, most pro-bodybuilders indulge in fish and chicken (unsalted) for weeks at a time leading up to their big shows. I doubt you have the commitment or will power to make it through one-week, but I’ll give you a chance to prove me wrong 🙂
One of my favorite bodybuilder, Jim Cordova (2-Time Mr. Universe), who is familar with high protein and low carb diets
The World’s Hardest Diet Rules
1. Cut out all the carbs – yes, even the clean sources like oatmeal, brown rice and yams. This diet consists of barely 10% carbs and the sources come from vegetal sources, which means they are primarily fibrous carbs that will not raise your insulin levels or be burned for energy.
This ultra high protein diet and ultra low carb diet consists of no oatmeal, rice, cereals, potatoes, bread, fruit or fruit juice – not even after or before workouts when carbs are normally encouraged. All condiments are eliminated from this diet too because many contain hidden sugars. This includes ketchup, which is one of the worst culprits, made up of 75% sugar. Even eliminate those “20 calorie energy drinks.” I did tell you this was tough right?
2. Ultra high protein intake. They key on an ultra-low carb diet is to get enough calories from protein and fats. This is the foundation of the Atkin’s diet. The Atkin’s diet is a cake walk compared to what I have in store for you, if you dare accept the challenge.
Protein intake can come from egg whites, chicken breasts and canned albacore tuna – this will constitute almost 80% of your caloric intake. Not even protein sources like whole eggs, beef, deli meat or fatty fish like salmon is allowed in The World’s Hardest Diet. As you can see, its impossible to follow this diet successfully by eating out. Say goodbye to restaurants and eating out completely for the next 2-weeks.
The only protein you can substitute chicken breast for is white fish like tilapia, every other option is out!
3. Forget the fat. Most high protein low carb diets provide a degree of sanity by allowing good fats like almond butter, olive oil, avocado and peanut butter. Not this diet. You’re left with virtually no fat except the fat that comes with the protein sources so you’re barely getting 10% of your caloric intake from fat.
Again, The World’s Hardest Diet does not even allow the clean fats you’ve relied on as life-savers which allow low carb diets manageable. It’s virtually impossible to find fat-free meat, which is why beef is completely axed as a protein source.
For cooking, rely on nonstick cooking spray. Vinegar is the only condiment allowed in this diet.
4. Include muscle saving supplements. You’ll notice that Whey protein is included and I recommend that you rely on Iso-Smooth by Blue Star Neutraceuticals which includes a blend of four different isolates: whey, casein, milk and egg, which releases different rates of protein into your blood stream.
Iso-Smooth contains no sugar and no fat, and whey creates a hunger-blunting response on your hormones, which makes the diet realistic to complete.
Include a multi-vitamin as well since this diet is very limited in fruits and vegetables. Currently I’m using Blue Star’s Vitality multi-vitamin, which contains 100% of the RDI for all vitamins and minerals. They have a male and female version of their multi.
5. Boost up these beverages. As you can imagine, your beverage options are just as limited as your food options. No juices, no Gatorade, no Star Bucks Lates, no sodas and not even any milk (which contains sugar). Stick to the cleanest, fat-burning and energy-boosting drinks: water, black coffee and green tea. That’s it.
Even cut out your diet sodas. Research shows that the artificial sweeteners in diet sodas can trick the body. Your body associates sweet tastes with calorie dense foods and will become confused when their are no calories accompanied. This can lead to an increased appetite which will make it harder to stick to the diet and in turn you might sabotage your fat-burning results.
Here is Artus Shakur, one of my sponsored athletes who competed recently. He didn’t follow The World’s Toughest Diet, as per below, but his diet was pretty darn close to the rule above. You can see me to the left and our friend Burak to the right.
Additional Muscle Saving Supplements
As you’ve noticed, you’re basically eating protein only so I suggest you include some of the following supplements to combat craving, make up for nutrient deficiencies, and provide energy to still train.
- Caffeine. Aim for 200-400 mg 30-60 minutes before your morning cardio workout and evening weight training workouts. Your body is running on very low energy so you need every boost you can get. Plus the caffeine will provide some muscle-strengthening benefits to maintain your intensity in the gym.
- BCAAs. Branch-chain amino acids will provide some additional energy and be your muscle saving weapon to get ultra shredded while keeping your muscle mass in tact. Males should be taking at least 10 grams in the morning with their caffeine and 10 grams before bedtime. Additional BCAAs in between meals is allowed and suggested for extra insurance. These are the exact BCAAs I use. Click here and add the coupon code “maximize” for a discount.
- Omega-blend. A good product is Udo’s Oil which contains a blend of omega-3s but also omega-6s which your body will become deficient in on this diet. If you don’t use Udo’s Oil, look for a omega-3/omega-6/omega-9 blend that will cover all your bases. Include with breakfast, lunch and dinner. Click here for the Omega’s I personally use.
- Fat burning supplement. What has this world come too? Vince Del Monte just endorsed a “fat burner?” Yes, and for very good reason. This diet is going to slow down your metabolism after a few days so to maximize your fat-burning results, look for a fat-burner that contains caffeine, carnitine and yohimbine. Carnitine helps push fat into your bloodstream for energy, which will allow you to train and have energy. Taking 1-3 grams in the morning, before your workouts or before bed is fine. Yohimbine has been shown to boost fat-burning. Use only 1-20 mg in the morning before you train. Lately I’ve been using Blade by Blue Star Nutraceuticals to speed up the fat loss process for me. Check them out and use the coupon code “maximize” for a discount.
Why This Diet Works: Eliminating The Sugars
Your body is a sugar-crazed machine. It loves sugars, which turns into a belly-battling nightmare.
Your body has zero interest in losing your fat stores. It could really care less – that’s your goal.
Your body would prefer to burn every ounce of glucose (technical name for sugar), before it even touches your fat stores and protein stores for energy.
Your body prefers simple. It wants to burn the fruit you ate for breakfast; the healthy whole-grains you ate for lunch; the healthy sweet potatoes you ate for dinner before it starts using your stubborn fat for fuel. Tough life, which is why you need a tough plan to fight back.
Most people spend their workout days simply burning off their breakfast, lunch and dinner and never make any forward progress so they are basically workout out to enjoy the foods they enjoy. In exchange, no body composition changes are ever accomplished. That sucks.
Think of this way: carbs protect your body from burning fat
Is that your goal? To protect your body from burning fat? Not if you want to get ultra-shredded this summer and show off an shredded six-pack!
They key is to limit the amount of carbs your body has and it’ll begin to break down fat for survival after using up the stored glycogen stores in your muscles and liver. This leads to a state of ketosis, and not only results in a state of accelerated fat-loss (primarily around the abdomen) but protects muscle mass.
How to make this diet work for you:
Toughen up. There are no cheat days to rescue you for the next two-weeks. When you are hungry, suck it up because there is no option except to look forward to your next scheduled meal.
This plan should not be done for longer than two-weeks and is perfect to slap onto the end of a fat-cutting cycle when you’re ready to strip off the last few ounces of fat surrounding your bones.
By the way, there is no “part two” to this diet. This is as tough as it gets. If this does not work for you, nothing will. There is no graduating to the next level; this is the final level.
Ultimately, there are two options to this diet: finish or fail.
The World’s Hardest Diet Sample Meal Plan
Egg White Omelet:
12 egg whites
1 cup of spinach
1/4, medium onion, diced
1 bell pepper
Mid Morning Snack
1 can of albacore tuna with vinegar
1 large chicken breast
2 cups of broccoli
1 tbsp of red wine vinegar
Pre Workout Meal:
2 scoops of Iso-Smooth Protein Powder
Post Workout Meal:
2 scoops of Iso-Smooth Protein Powder
2 large chicken breast or tilapia
2 cups of cauliflower or 12 asparagus spears
Pre Bed Time Snack:
1 can of albacore tuna
1 tbs of vinegar
Total: Approximately 350-400 grams of protein, 25-50 grams of carbs, 10-20 grams of fat equalling about 1500 calories. Yes, very insane, very crazy, very tough, hence the name of the program
Are you up for the challenge?
Let me know below if you’re going to give The World’s Hardest Diet a shot. Remember, two-weeks is the max you should follow this before returning to your regular meal plan. Finishing three-days on this plan is an accomplishment in itself so feel free to start with three days first.
I’m 100% aware that this diet lacks a load of nutrients and will slow your metabolism if stayed on for too long. However, if you’re looking to radically strip off the last bit of fat from your bones, give this diet a shot.
I dare you!
P.S. Okay, time for your comments. Is this diet calling you out? If so, let me know if you’re going to do it and where your current body fat is right now and what you hope to get to with it. How many days are you going to shoot for?
If you liked this article, please click the “Like” button below for Facebook. Thanks
Like this article? Please rate and share below!