If you’re looking to fry the fat faster and keep shredding the pounds till you reveal your best body this summer with six-pack abs, you can’t rely on willpower. You need facts, wisdom and truth.
Luckily for you I’ll take care of all the science stuff so that you don’t have to spend your day reading research regularly. Here is part 2 of the Ask The Six-Pack Training Expert series. Enjoy.
Question: What should I be eating everyday to get a six pack?
Vince: Since you cornered me to be specific, I’ll give you some specifics. Eat salmon, chicken, eggs and lean beef – every day. Just eat these right sources of protein and you’re 50% of the way. Pick one of the following two options to eat – every day. 2 cups of spinach or romaine lettuce. Low-fat plain yogurt or cottage cheese. Carrots or yellow bell peppers. Black beans or lentils. Blueberries or strawberries. Tomatoes or red grapefruit. Walnuts or almonds. Oats or wild rice.
Question: Are there any “health” foods I should try to avoid?
Vince: Yes, and I’m glad you don’t want to get fooled. Many “nutritious” foods are loaded with added sugars, preservatives and dangerous, belt-breaking fats. I started reading the labels and discovered a bran muffin has up to 420 calories and 20 grams of fat. A dinner size chicken caesar salad has up to 900 calories and 60 grams of fat. A tuna melt has up to 900 calories and 50 grams of fat. A chicken wrap has up to 700 calories and 35 grams of fat. A turkey burger has up to 900 calories and 50 grams of fat. A fruit smoothie has up to 600 calories and 120 grams of sugar!
If you’re looking to fry the fat faster, avoid granola bars, pasta salads, bagels and cream cheese, pastas, dried fruit and margarine. These are great bulking foods but also great belly-breaking foods.
Question: I need a interval cardio workout for the next 4-weeks before I go to Vegas
Vince: I am off to Vegas this weekend for 8-days. I would recommend skipping the long runs and stick to just high intensity intervals to boost your metabolism after your workout. Alternate between these 2 interval workouts each week. If you’re above average fitness, do each of these workouts twice a week for a total of 4 interval workouts. You can sprint or cycle for these workouts or
Workout 1: 5-6 intervals x 60 seconds of ALL OUT sprinting with 120 second recovery
Workout 2: 10-12 intervals of 30 seconds of ALL OUT sprinting with 90 second recovery
Vince: I’ll give you a number of tips that you’ll find in my muscle and six-pack programs.
1. Use more alternating-sets i.e. super sets. Super-setting your upper body and lower body is a deadly combo to keep your lactate levels high and cranks your metabolism.
2. Keep your rest periods 60 seconds or less. This will still allow you to work with weights that provide an adequate challenge and will optimize your fat-burning hormones the most.
3. Focus on moving the weights through a full range of motion and then increase the lifting tempo i.e. speed you lift the weight to boost your metabolism and stimulate your fast-twitch muscle fibers.
4. As mentioned above, if you have to choose, skip the long runs and stick with high intensity interval cardio. Yes, longer and slower cardio workouts burn calories but if you want to see your abs faster and harder, the interval cardio will do a better job.
Question: What are the best bodybuilding supplements that a male should be taking every day?
Vince: A multi-vitamin should be apart of your routine just like brushing your teeth. A minimum of 1-3 grams of fish oil each day should be apart of your routine like your daily shower. A “greens” powder and/or probiotics will help with overall health and immune function as well. You can get the first two products from my supplement store http://www.vincedelmontenutrition.com if you want to use my choices.
Vince Del Monte
Like this article? Please rate and share below!
If you liked this article, you'll LOVE our No Nonsense Newsletter!
Sign up Now and
- Learn how to eat to get Lean and Ripped…
- Learn how to lift to get Bigger and Stronger…
- Learn how to stay motivated to Build Your Dream Body…
- PLUS… 3 exclusive free gifts as a surprise!
Your Information is 100% Secure With Us And Will NEVER Be Shared With Anyone.