It’s simple to suggest eat less, exercise more and you’ll lose fat. Unfortunately this advice does not explain why your friend can indulge in pizza and beer and stay shredded all summer while others need to put a microscope under every food that enters their mouth.
As you know, not all metabolisms are created equal and research has proven that some of us can burn fat faster than others. If you feel like you’re doing everything right but still unable so shed those last few pounds then let one of the following advanced fat burning tips and tricks below work for you.
Competing in front of hundreds of people at the CHIN Picnic in 2008. I placed 2nd of 22 guys.
Here are 23 of the exact secrets I used to cut 23-pounds of fat in 10-weeks that lead to the photos on this page. Getting shredded can not be left to chance with the mentality that you hope it works. In order to shake the last few pounds of fat you must combine as many of these techniques as possible so that you experience a huge difference in the mirror.
1. Follow a specific, pre-set nutrition plan so that you know exactly what you’re supposed to eat and what times and in what amounts. You will be less likely to cheat and more likely to follow your plan. Print it out and post it on your refrigerator.
2. Read labels because you must be precise about your food intake and ensure your food plan matches exactly with what you’re consuming or how in the world can you help yourself?
3. Get your body fat measured and plan to lose 1% of it each week.
4. Tweak, re-evaluate and re-tweak. If you’re not losing, tweak ONE variable for the following week while keeping everything else standardized. Re-evaluate your progress and continue this feed back loop each week.
5. When tweaking a variable in your training, make small changes instead of big ones. For example, add one extra 45-minute cardio session next week if you plateaued, not 3 extra cardio sessions. If you’re doing 2 interval workouts, add a third.
6. Did I say small changes are responsible for big changes? If you’re eating 2 slices of whole wheat bread on meal one, drop it to only 1 slice instead. Dramatic nutrition or cardio changes is unnecessary.
7. Plan to raise your caloric intake one time every five days, minimum.
8. Start doing interval training and build up to at least three 20-minute workouts at 85% intensity.
9. For interval training, rely on the classic and effective 1-minute hard followed by 1-minute easy protocl for a total of 10 intervals.
10. Incorporate steady-state cardio on a empty stomach before breakfast. If you’re on a ultra low-carb diet then this is not necessary however “regular” cardio in a fasted state can help your body to resort to using more fat for fuel.
The top 3 guys holding up Miss. Chin Bikini.
11. Drink a big black cup of coffee or have an espresso before you do fasted cardio before breakfast.
12. Incorporate muscle-saving supplements like creatine and branch chain amino acids with a liter of water before you do your cardio in a fasted state in the morning.
13. If possible, perform your weights in the evening and perform your cardio in the morning. This requires more dedication but can be very effective in the final 4-weeks before your “deadline.”
14. Train hard with weights and train often. Be prepared to move from 3-days or 4-days of weight training to at least 5-days of weight training a week.
15. During fat loss, the details of the workout are not as important as muscle building. Focus on intensity and finishing the workout knowing you held nothing back.
16. Keep rest periods between 30-60 seconds.
17. Don’t worry on the length of your workouts, even if they last up to 1.5 hours.
18. Don’t plant to eat perfectly without any unplanned cheat.
20. Eat your first meal earlier than you are currently eating it now. Having your first meal around 6 am and your last meal around 6 pm works the best for the majority of people.
21. Treat your weight training workouts as if you’re trying to build muscle. Keep the weights heavy to keep your muscle mass and maintain your metabolism.
22. Only bring food items that appear on your meal plan into your home.
23. Set a deadline for the day you want to be shredded and ripped.
Psyching out the competition! This was the day before the show.
Just one of these tips above could be the game-changer to get shredded at last. Your instincts will tell you which ones to begin leveraging starting today.
Feel free to add your own tip below or elaborate on any of mine or ask questions.
Vince Del Monte
Like this article? Please rate and share below!
If you liked this article, you'll LOVE our No Nonsense Newsletter!
Sign up Now and
- Learn how to eat to get Lean and Ripped…
- Learn how to lift to get Bigger and Stronger…
- Learn how to stay motivated to Build Your Dream Body…
- PLUS… 3 exclusive free gifts as a surprise!
Your Information is 100% Secure With Us And Will NEVER Be Shared With Anyone.